Baby chick got something stuck under it's vent

SyBom

In the Brooder
Sep 25, 2020
This is my first flock of 5 baby chicks.

I noticed that one of them have something stuck on it at first i thought it was a pasty butt but then after watching some guides on how to remove that i noticed that the thing is not on the vent, it is under it, tried to use google but found nothing about this.

http://woodvilleacechickenblog.blogspot.com/2018/01/

This page has a photo showing a chick's vent and its belly button. The belly button is kind of a dark lump under the vent.

I think it is the belly button, it looks exactly like the picture but bigger, and when i tried to remove it using a wet towel i noticed that it had some flesh on it.

Ill still take the picture because it looks a lot bigger

Edit: flesh on the part connected to the body not on all of it

I think it is the belly button, it looks exactly like the picture but bigger, and when i tried to remove it using a wet towel i noticed that it had some flesh on it.

In that case, it's probably best to leave it alone. Many belly button issues solve themselves in the first few days. And for the ones that don't, there's not usually much you can do except to watch in case the other chicks pick at it.

Don’t try to remove it. Our chick had the same issue. It will fall off. I would isolate the bird or keep it under direct supervision with the others. They will peck it and as a result will end up killing the chick.

Back
Top Bottom