1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Baby chick names

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by lil'chicken, May 2, 2010.

1. lil'chicken

lil'chicken Out Of The Brooder

I just thought I'd share my chick names, this is the first time I can tell every chick apart so I'm excited! I have an EE named Willamina, 3 Black sex-links named Goldie, Gretel, and Barnes (my boyfriend named that one.) and 3 red sex-links named Noble (to go with Barnes) Rosie and Sunshine.

2. AccioSarah

AccioSarah Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2010
    San Juan, Puerto Rico
    lil'chicken :

I just thought I'd share my chick names, this is the first time I can tell every chick apart so I'm excited! I have an EE named Willamina, 3 Black sex-links named Goldie, Gretel, and Barnes (my boyfriend named that one.) and 3 red sex-links named Noble (to go with Barnes) Rosie and Sunshine.

I love it! Barnes and Nobel... so cute!!​

3. Chickaholic

Chickaholic Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2010
    Snohomish, Wa
    I love the Barnes and Noble idea!! That is so cute!! [​IMG] I just got a pair of blue laced red wyandottes [​IMG] a pullet and a roo that are 20 weeks old and I named them Romio and Juliet. I also have 3 plymoth barred rocks that I named Ruth, Esther and Mary [​IMG]

4. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Oooh, I too love the Barnes & Noble idea!

I'm in need of a non-gender specific name (or one that could be changed into a boy's name fairly easily) for one of my two Silver Sebright chicks. I named this one Alice, which I think I can change to Alex if it turns out to be a boy.
    [​IMG]

The other one looks exactly like this one, but I can tell them apart.

I think one of my two bantam cochin "pullets" is really a roo; luckily HER name Amy could easily become Amos.

5. robk0220

robk0220 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2010
    Wapwallopen, PA.
    When I show one of our little ones to my 7 year old daughter, she always asks what it's name is...

Well, me being a smart***, I finally got tired of the questions, and when she asked, I replied, "Dinner".... Little did I know my wife was actually making chicken for dinner that night...

We have 1 named Teagles, after our 2 year old (it is the chick that he was carrying around by the neck at 3 days old), and 1 named kamakazee (because he goes after the rake that I use in the coop to stir the litter)...

The other 39 are called by their wing band numbers...

6. Scubadeaux

Scubadeaux Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2010
    South Louisiana
    Well to my surprise, the 2 little Silkie chicks I picked up at the feed store sure had me fooled. I promptly "thought" I had a boy and girl named them Elvis & Priscilla.

Well today Priscilla has the beginning of a cute little comb.
    Soooo, now we have Elvis & Presley [​IMG]

7. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Quote:Oh, EXCELLENT save!

8. catdaddy66

catdaddy66 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2009
    Lugoff, SC
    I have 4 EE birds and today I noticed that the biggest one had really thick legs. After further inspection a very prominant tail feather was notably longer than the others. The problem is I named the "girls" Sopia, Rose, Blanche and Dorothy...

Yes! The Golden Girls!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Except now we have a roo in the hen house! Since Dorothy was the largest of the golden ones, what is a good male version?...Dennis? Darth Maul? Dr. Demento?

I hope you guys can do better than those! [​IMG]

9. 4 luv of eggs

4 luv of eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Quote:What about Dorian?

10. lil'chicken

lil'chicken Out Of The Brooder

Quote:Darth Vader?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by