Baby Chick not acting normal

Stargeer2

Chirping
Jul 13, 2019
Churchville, NY
Good morning! I just brought home a dozen chicks yesterday, and two of my Isa browns are acting very strange..very lethargic. Won't run when I pick them up, and are constantly laying with their faces in the wood chips..this morning, one of them is laying under the heat lamp sprawled upside down.. it's set at about 100°, so I can't imagine she's cold, but look at these videos, and please let me know what you think!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ywi84N2z5oA6w7a77

Oh man... that doesn't look good. Are they still around? If so, have any of the others started showing similar symptoms? 100° is a bit too hot for the babies... can they escape to a cooler part of the brooder?

Oh man... that doesn't look good. Are they still around? If so, have any of the others started showing similar symptoms? 100° is a bit too hot for the babies... can they escape to a cooler part of the brooder?
They are indeed still around! Thank God. My wife and I syringe fed them some sugar water for a day, and they perked right up. We think it was just shock from initial transport. They probably got cold somewhere on their way to tractor supply. But they're back in action! And I got their little home back down to 90. They are indeed able to move to different areas depending on their temperature preference, to and they seem to be much happier now.

Thank you for replying to my post!

Back
Top Bottom