Baby Chick Pictures!!!!! POST!

Pics
We have not long had our first hatch. So many good quality chick pics here. My phone snaps are not the best, but I am keen to share!

3x L/S, 2x RIR and 1x A/lorp. Tried sexing with wing tip method and it looks like we have only one cockerel.

Nap time

The kids named them, (l-r); Milo, Sunny, Lucky, Star, Luna and Rosie. Milo look to be the cockerel. Sunny and Lucky are getting hard to tell apart now though lol

2 red stars (2 weeks), 2 buff orpingtons (2 weeks) and 2 black frizzle bantam cochins (2 weeks and 5 days)

4edy9u9y.jpg

These are our new girls, Sharona (Ameraucana), Amy (Rhode Island Red), and Jack (girl buff Orpington). They were brand new babies in this picture, and are 5 days old now.

Last edited:

My 9yo daughter and I are newbies to raising chickens, though we've been contemplating and researching off and on for 2 years. We just got these 6 darlings on Monday, and they are now 5 days old. So far so good, although we check on them constantly (the positive side of working from home). I really want a couple of other breeds, but we're going to start with what we have, learn, and go from there!

Last edited:

My 9yo daughter and I are newbies to raising chickens, though we've been contemplating and researching off and on for 2 years. We just got these 6 darlings on Monday, and they are now 5 days old. So far so good, although we check on them constantly (the positive side of working from home). I really want a couple of other breeds, but we're going to start with what we have, learn, and go from there!
Congrats on your babies my son are pretty much in the same boat, he's 10 and as soon as moved into our house about 2 years ago we decided we wanted chickens and starting researching it and Now we have our 6 1 week Amber Link babies. We next want Frizzle Bantam Silkies Cuckoo Maran Barbanter and Muscovy ducks. What do you have and what do you want next?

We got our chicks from TSC. In these pics we have 2 Partridge Plymouth Rocks, 2 Ameracuanas, 1 Red Pullet, and 1 Reg Pullet (I'm thinking White Leghorn). Yesterday we went to another TSC to get bedding, the one that when I called on Monday said they wouldn't have any chicks until TODAY, so I wouldn't be tempted to get anymore! They lied...they had just gotten in new babies yesterday, and the feature breed was Speckled Sussex. Needless to say, we now have 2 more Red Pullets, 2 more Reg Pullets, and 2 Speckled Sussex AND I'm picking up 1 Black Maran and 1 Blue Maran tomorrow from a local farmer. This 'addiction' thing is no joke! So far the 12 we have seem very healthy and happy. They are in the brooder in our garage, and my daughter takes her poetry book and reads to them for 30 min every night. She says they like it! :) LOL Here are some pics of all of them we took last night.

miquwid I just noticed you're in Rochester, NY! I've been there a few times...have a lot of work buddies in that area! My daughter loved the National Museum of Play when we were there. Very cool!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom