Baby Chick Pictures!!!!! POST!

Here are a few.. I have 6 chickens. This grey one, I can't tell if it's a hen or rooster. It is the only one with the comb growing so fast..

How long does it take for the comb of a too to get red?

Anywhere between ~3 and 16 weeks. Most show their color by 8, though. But don't be fooled, pullets can show pink that comes and goes with activity/lighting. That picture I just put up is a 5-week female dark Brahma.

That is a rooster jsyk

1f644.png
I see you're new so I'm going to explain why it isn't a rooster. There is something called "sexually dimorphic pattern". This is the chicken version of how you can tell from 100 ft. away that a calico cat is female. Every single feather on this chick is neatly penciled. Males end up looking entirely different as adults and if you know what to look for, you can see at least a hint of it in the juvenile feathering.

Last edited:
How cute! I love the puff on its head! My husband thinks I'm crazy for wanting to breed my silkie to my ameraucana.

Thank you I was over the moon excited when my silkie mix laid her first egg and it was a we little green one(thought she was silkie cochin like my other two boy was I wrong).
I'm hoping I get more green eggs from my new babies.

4 weeks old found this two frizzle cochin bantam girls on craigslist local. I can't wait to see them grow up and see how they will look like. I got black one and want to have her as a pet. Then she was so crazy for me. She had to be in my jacket all the time sleep on my tummy under my blanket at night. And whenever I was disappear she cried very loud. (it drove me crazy! hahaha) Anyway I contacted the seller and ask for one more girl..
Soooooo cute! Love all the poofy feathers.

Back
Top Bottom