Baby Chick Pictures!!!!! POST!

Just took these pictures. First time on grass 4 week old ISA Browns
[/URL]

What a handful

I just started a forum about my chicks beaks turning brown, mine are also 4 weeks isa browns, look exactly like yours, same beak coloring. So I guess that is normal?! Haha

I just started a forum about my chicks beaks turning brown, mine are also 4 weeks isa browns, look exactly like yours, same beak coloring. So I guess that is normal?! Haha

Normal. Some chickens have darker beaks than others. There isn't a SOP for hybrid layers so no worries whether the color is correct.
1f609.png

Some pictures the day they came home before we went and got 2 more (cuz I couldn't handle the cuteness overload and just HAD TO HAVE some more).

Then some pictures from their first adventure day outside. Chickadee didn't want to leave the box, she's the smallest of the whole flock and while very independent she doesn't like to be scared. After coaxing her out she stayed right on the others tails...Betty & Blanche (2 Orpington) were brave as ever and very excited to be exploring.

Scooter and Scoots chatting it up.

I was incubating quail and chicken eggs when I lost power for 20 hours. The chicks that hatched dribbled out over almost a week past due date to hatch. Of the about 20 quail eggs only one hatched and it hatched three days late. I am keeping the last to hatch chick with the only quail so it they can keep each other company. All of the other nine chicks to hatch out of 30 eggs in the incubator are with a mother hen.

Finally got my brood!!! As I started this journey, 3 chicks turned into 4 chicks turned into the ultimate 5 chicks ... not an acute case, but an undeniable case of chicken math-itis.

Here they are, using their EcoGlow as a jungle gym! 2 Easter Eggers, 1 Delaware, 1 Barred Rock, and 1 Black Sex Link. I'll have to pull out my nice camera, instead of my phone, to take some decent pictures of them tomorrow. I'm so in love.
love.gif

Something adorable that happened when I let Little Peep-Peep play with the 4 quail babies... I think Peep-Peep may be a hen. Peep-Peep pecked at them lightly in curiosity, then laid down and let them all crawl under her/him.

0.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom