Baby Chick Pictures!!!!! POST!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by HorseCrazyy, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Tappy4me

Tappy4me Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2013
    Virginia
    [​IMG]
    pics later when I get home . The little girl with pasty butt is doing great! Shes the reddish one there.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
  2. Summerford

Summerford Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2014
    Smithville Ms
    [​IMG]Shes about three weeks old here. She is orange just looks yellowish in the picture.

3. JenBoughtHens

JenBoughtHens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2014
    Mississippi
    Yup. That's my chicken. Ha.

1 person likes this.
  4. misbhaven

misbhaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2014
    I need to run down and take a picture ...found the greatest brooder ever for a lot of chicks I had a ferret cage that i got with a multilevel rabbit cage off of Craig's list a year ago for like $30.. my almost 4 week old SLW love it...i just put a can case with shavings in it (like soup comes in on one level) cardboard on some of the other levels..slide some boards in the holes for a couple of perches and hung their light above which is just a 100 watt light bulb...

5. Shortperson2002

Shortperson2002 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 6, 2014
    Nc
    My 4 wk old chicks

Bandit (Barred Rock)
    [​IMG]
    Bella (Buff Orpington)
    [​IMG]
    Little Feather (White Leghorn)
    [​IMG]
    Lucy (White Leghorn)
    [​IMG]
    Sissy (Buff Orpington)
    [​IMG]
    Smokey (Barred Rock)
    [​IMG]

6. misbhaven

Jan 14, 2014
    [​IMG] 13 slw. Non have names yet because I also have some meaties and didn't want the children to name them or become attached

7. ncymst

ncymst Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2013
    Ohio
    I am confused on the EE. What does that stand for ? Easter egger? I had a chicken that laid green eggs and she had the fluff around her eyes. I thought Americanas and EE were the same thing.

8. gimmie birdies

gimmie birdies Chicken Obsessed

Feb 12, 2013
    Eastern WA
    I like all color of eggs- and now the popular color is olive green- that is not standard but people like them- a farm near my house has gray eggs now that is cool
    .[​IMG]

9. PrairieChickens

PrairieChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2012
    Kansas

10. misbhaven

Jan 14, 2014
    [​IMG] unless you are going to breed and show them as Ameracauna'a etc is doesn't really matter an EE could be a mutt some combo to get a colored egg layer true ones are supposed to lay only blue eggs.. An EE just means it doesn"t meet breed standard but most of us have them unless you buy chicks or eggs from a breeder..I have both batam EE , LF EE and now some true ones the bator..hmm remind me to take pics of my EE pullets now to compare with the ones i hatch...JUst like an olive egger is just a blue egg layer that is crossed with an dark brown egglayer like a maran most aren't mutt's but makes an unrecognized breed... I probably will get jumped on about this post the EE/amercauana thing is kind of a hot topic..people get worked up about it not me my littler kids just like colored eggs bought some purebreds because older boy wants to be in 4h

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by