Baby Chick Pictures!!!!! POST!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by HorseCrazyy, Jun 30, 2012.

1. brood mother

brood mother Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2014
    Brandon, Ms
    [​IMG]
    She was soooo happy when I let her out of the crate to walk about this morning!! Sweet baby. Getting so big!

2. brood mother

Feb 26, 2014
    Brandon, Ms
    By the way, what is the rule on how old when they go out to the coop?? 5-7 weeks?

3. PrairieChickens

PrairieChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2012
    Kansas
    There's no rule. If they have supplemental heat, they can go out pretty much any time. If they don't, you wait until they've fully feathered out. :)

4. brood mother

Feb 26, 2014
    Brandon, Ms
    [​IMG]
    Ok here's the cut. I really hope I can get that blu stuff and put her back with her friends?

What's the majority think??

5. PrairieChickens

Jun 29, 2012
    Kansas
    You could try just putting a bandaid on it since she doesn't have any feathers there.

6. brood mother

Feb 26, 2014
    Brandon, Ms
    So I can put blue stuff on it and let it dry them try small bandaid maybe. I may have one that little.
    You think she will mess with it? I had to put her back in crate and she is MOST upset! Keeps trying to fly out crate door :(

7. PrairieChickens

Jun 29, 2012
    Kansas
    If you put the blue stuff on it, you won't need a bandaid. The bandaid is a temporary/makeshift solution until you can get the bluekote :)

She may fuss with it a bit, but if it's on there securely she won't be able to get it off, and she'll quickly get used to it.

8. PrairieChickens

Jun 29, 2012
    Kansas
  9. aart

aart Chicken Juggler! Premium Member

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    I wouldn't bother with a band aid ...the idea of the blukote is antiseptic and camouflage...a bandaid will just attract attention.

I'd just dab a bit of the blukote on with a q-tip, just enough to cover the red.
    If you get the spray, spray some in a little cup or spoon and dab from there.

They may still try to pick, because they pick at everything but should soon stop.

You might try just putting her back without the blukote since the wound color blends in so well with her leg color.

10. brood mother

Feb 26, 2014
    Brandon, Ms
    I am so appreciative of all the help and suggestions!! Thank y'all so very much! It is so great to have such a vast support group! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by