Baby Chick Pictures!!!!! POST!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by HorseCrazyy, Jun 30, 2012.

1. brood mother

brood mother Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2014
    Brandon, Ms
    Thanks! I have stressed so much over this baby!! Lol! I will get some blue kote tomorrow and put it on her cut so she can go back in with the others!

2. jmayday

jmayday Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 21, 2013
    Downingtown, pa
    If you put it back with the others get a red light instead of the white. Or just leave her out for a few days alone to heal

3. brood mother

Feb 26, 2014
    Brandon, Ms
    The light in the brooder is a red 150 watt light. So if I put the blu kote on her will it be ok to put her back or should I leave her out for couple of days?

Should I get spray, aresol or dauber blu kote? Does it matter??

4. misbhaven

misbhaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2014
    well it is your choice on what kind of application..but remember it will stain even your skin a purpleish color.. so you might want to hold the chick with something rag etc when applying...put it back after treatment and it has dried ..chicks don't like to be alone. the red light should hide the wound

5. brood mother

Feb 26, 2014
    Brandon, Ms
    Well I have called 2 TSC and all they have is something called blu lotion. Sounds like the same thing. That's what our co-op had also. Undoubtably it's the same thing.

6. Tappy4me

Tappy4me Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2013
    Virginia
    Brought 6 new pullets home. I'm not 100% sure, but I'm thinking maybe Easter Eggers?

Once they settle in for a little bit longer, I'll have some photos. One of them had horrible pasty butt. Her vent was COMPLETELY covered. Took about 20 minutes for us to get it all off by running some warm water over her hiney, trimming feathers and getting her dry with a blow dryer. About 1 minute after doing this and setting her down so I could get the nutri-drench ready, she took a HUGE poop. I kept her with me against my chest on a hot hands type warmer in a washcloth so she would warm up completely. She is now running around, eating ravenously and drinking up a storm. I don't think she would have made it much longer. :( (She REALLY seemed to like the blow dryer! haha)

now, the fun part of waiting to see what all the other chicks genders end up being. We have a nice variety of chicks to pick our favorites from down the road to make our flock :)

1 person likes this.
  7. misbhaven

misbhaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2014
    item numbers for TSC for Blu-Kote this may help you.. 101985799 is the dauber one says in stores,
    Blue lotion is just a different brand seems to be the same thing and $3 more..

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
  8. jimmywalt

jimmywalt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2013
    [​IMG]

New addition today.... 1 Silver Laced Wyandotte. (on left)

Last Thursday - Leghorn "Twinkie" (middle), Barred Rock "Oreo" (on right).

I need to think of a name for the SLW...?????

Hope they get along with our other 5 from last year......

:)

9. jasongind

jasongind Out Of The Brooder

Nov 12, 2013
    (West) Littleon, Co
    [​IMG]
    1 Black Australorp and one Golden Wyandotte each 3 1/2 weeks old. Then a Easter Egg Chicken, a Light Brahm and a Barred Rock that are 1 1/2 weeks. They are so awesome already and we've only had them a few hours. Let the fun begin.

10. brood mother

Feb 26, 2014
    Brandon, Ms
    Guess I will call the store in the morning and see if they have those item numbers in stock.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by