Baby Chick Pictures!!!!! POST!

Ok I will wait about an hour till kids get home so they can help me clean it and I will move her to the dog crate. It's big enough for just her and a food and water. Should I put a seperate light on her? The only bulb I have is a reg 60 watt white bulb?? Will that do?? I am worried sick!
Any suggestions on the loose stool situation??
Will she be inside in the crate and what is the temp in the brooder you keep her in? And loose stool, you can put apple cider vinager (about a tablespoon to a gallon of water) to try to help with the loose stools. Scrambled eggs can be good for it too.

Yes she will be inside in the crate. Not positive if exact temp everytime I've tried to get a brooder thermometer they are sold out. Just changed bulb in heat lamp from 250 watt to a 150 watt today then I noticed this cut! I have a 100 watt white halogen bulb. Should u use that??

Yes she will be inside in the crate. Not positive if exact temp everytime I've tried to get a brooder thermometer they are sold out. Just changed bulb in heat lamp from 250 watt to a 150 watt today then I noticed this cut! I have a 100 watt white halogen bulb. Should u use that??
I just put a big outdoor temp gauge in mine. If it is too hot they will drink more and that will make them have watery poop.

Well I just made some scrambled eggs and I'm letting them cool. If I have one of those tray feeders how much grit should I mix in with their feed in it??

Oh she is soooo UPSET being in that crate by herself! She is letting me know too :(!

If I use the 60 watt bulb for that crate I think she will be ok, she is 3 weeks old. Just don't won't it to keep her up all night since it is a white light.

grit is your choice but unless you are giving anything but eggs,yogurt, or food they don't really need i grit it is to help them grind up thing like plants,bugs, etc.. and even you 3 week old is a little young for most treats. you might want to make a first aide kit for your pets most items can be got at the dollar store a cheap container, scissors, triple antibiotic cream (cheaper) just plain or neosporine nothing with pain relief make sure no ingredients end with cane, vitamins etc.. vet wrap , band aides, blue cote good for cuts seals and treats and it is blue so no pecking (but it stains skin clothes )some gloves.I know you go to TSC you can but proabotic for chicks in little packs of 3 that helps to for loose stools give them the good bacteria ...just like apple cider V. which needs to have the mother in it to work the best..

Ok, let me make sure I understand. If I do give the chicks treats such as eggs or yougart, they don't need the grit?? Is that right?? So when would they need the grit?
They have a smaller water dispenser that doesn't hold a gallon so I put about 5-6 drops of unfiltered apple cider vinegar in it today. Should I still go get the probiotics too?? What about vitamins?? Do they need those?

I treated her leg and I put her inside the crate. She isn't very happy all alone :(. Do I need I cover the cut? How of yet should I clean it?

I will make me a list and will get some first aid supplies. :).

She's unhappy because she's alone.
If the cut's not that bad you can put her back in the brooder or at least give her a buddy.
If it's red from bleeding put some blukote on it as an antiseptic and camouflage against picking by the other chicks

the vinegar should take care of the poop issue ..vitamins are always good to have on hand stress, injury , shipping ,etc give some for a couple days..
Grit is to grind up fibers ..like BOSS(black oil sunflower seeds) or scratch grains or any other veggie any treat you give most are six weeks older for those kind of things.. supply it in a little dish they will eat what they want or need it is heavier and tends to just go to the bottom of a feeder. I know there is a chart somewhere i think one of the feed companies on what treats they can have at what age, if i find it i will pm you a link.
clean it see put it back in see if it gets picked on if it does you could always put in a small box in the big brooder so it is not alone..

I will get some bluekote tomorrow and put that on it. It is red from bleeding, so scared someone will peck it. I saw one do it before I took her out. If I give her a buddy won't the buddy peck it too?

What about a light for her if I keep her seperate tonight. All I have is a 60 watt regular bulb?? I will post a pic of what she is in.

This is where she is now, and that is the light I have on her. 60 watt bulb.

Back
Top Bottom