Baby Chick Pictures!!!!! POST!

Every time I've tried to get one they were sold out! I've been going off their behavior and how hot it feels under the light. They have been going further from light so thought they were hot. And yes it stays about 68 in my house.

Every time I've tried to get one they were sold out! I've been going off their behavior and how hot it feels under the light. They have been going further from light so thought they were hot. And yes it stays about 68 in my house.
We keep our home 68 in the winter. I was using a 250 watt heat lamp bulb in dimmer control socket my DH put in the brooder. Now that our chicks are 4 weeks old I switched to a 100 watt incandescent bulb turned all the way up with the dimmer and the temp registers around 73 which is great for their age.

One of our Comets
yne3yme9.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

We are 3 weeks old now!
Edward Scissorbill (or Edwina)

Weird Al, a kids favorite

Prince Poppycock and his gang

5 week old silkies, black (actually blue) no name she is the one I worry about the mos. white is Elton John.

OMG! I AM VERY NERVOUS! One of the chicks has a cut on her leg! What do I do?? Will post a pic!HELP!
Clean with warm wash cloth, take neosporin (make sure it has NO ingredients with the ending "cane" at the end) dab it on the cut and I would separate her to let it heal and so the other chicks don't peck at it.

Best I can get right now! What do I do?? Can I clean it and put antibiotic ointment on it??
HELP!

And they keep having loose stool. What can I do besides putting a few drops of apple cider vinegar in their water to help wih this???

Ok I will wait about an hour till kids get home so they can help me clean it and I will move her to the dog crate. It's big enough for just her and a food and water. Should I put a seperate light on her? The only bulb I have is a reg 60 watt white bulb?? Will that do?? I am worried sick!
Any suggestions on the loose stool situation??

Back
Top Bottom