Baby Chick Pictures!!!!! POST!

Chicken addiction is a terrible thing!
wink.png
I have 6 8 day old BCM chicks out under a broody bantam in the henhouse, 19 (3 to 7 day olds) here in a box trilling softly and chirping away 6 feet from my ear, and 5 3 week old hooligans in another box here as well (they are going out every day to a chicken tractor and just sleeping in a box at night). And my bator is still full....
hide.gif

These three little EE's were hatched by someone else that lives a few miles from me. They are from eggs produced by my hens.

These two were hatched by same person from my only Green Egger Naked Neck pullet that is laying. They are by a Black Jersey Giant rooster. The NN gene didn't continue with these two but they still are cuties.

I ran over to grab these chunky munchkins this morning before work (araucanas), first time chicken owner, bought 3 breeds within 2 weeks (black australorps, bantam silkies, araucanas)

my flock is complete!

Araucana

Silkie bantams

Black australorps

Last edited:
I ran over to grab these chunky munchkins this morning before work (araucanas), first time chicken owner, bought 3 breeds within 2 weeks (black australorps, bantam silkies, araucanas)

my flock is complete!

Araucana

Silkie bantams

Black australorps

nice broader set up!
Look up the correct spelling of a true ameruacana. If the spelling was not the same at the place You for them, then most likely you got Easter eggers. Don't worry Easter eggers are still great chickens, lay really good (at least mine do) and usually sweet. At least that's what everyo,e tells me is it's rare to actually get "true" ameraucanas from places like hatchery chicks or feed stores. When they start to lay you will know for sure if you have tries A's or EE's because I was told true A's usually lay blue or bluish tent eggs, EE's can lay a rainbow of colors hense the name...:)

my flock is complete!

Araucana

Silkie bantams

Black australorps

nice broader set up!
Look up the correct spelling of a true ameruacana. If the spelling was not the same at the place You for them, then most likely you got Easter eggers. Don't worry Easter eggers are still great chickens, lay really good (at least mine do) and usually sweet. At least that's what everyo,e tells me is it's rare to actually get "true" ameraucanas from places like hatchery chicks or feed stores. When they start to lay you will know for sure if you have tries A's or EE's because I was told true A's usually lay blue or bluish tent eggs, EE's can lay a rainbow of colors hense the name...:)

Crap I should have read better.., you said araucanas.... Sorry shutting my mouth :/

Just a few pics of our Barred Rock and Polish Crested. They got to spend some time outside today for the first time, and they loved it! Can anyone tell me if I have Black or White Polish?

Back
Top Bottom