Baby Chick Pictures!!!!! POST!

moved my chicks from the brooder to the coop.. they are loving it.. free ranging.. and even put themselves to bed the first night at dusk. they are 5 weeks old.. :) here are a barred rock and a black australorp chick.

Out first naturally hatched brood and their proud momma hen. Somewhere in all that fluff is a dark colored Easter Egger chick as well...

My latest hatchlings! 12 hours old, all very noisy. Unfortunately, as you can see one of them has a developmental problem...doesn't seem to be able to stand and keeps rolling onto its back. Other than that it is a very happy little chick!

Could it be some sort of splayed leg? Doesn't seem to be able to support itself at all. Would splayed legs cause it to roll onto its back and not be able to right itself?

Sometimes it takes a while to learn. If it does have splay leg, you can make a splint for it. The incubating with friends thread is full of people who hatch and raise chicks all year round who are on the thread just to help people with hatching and new chick problems. I'd post there and see what they say.

Sometimes it takes a while to learn. If it does have splay leg, you can make a splint for it. The incubating with friends thread is full of people who hatch and raise chicks all year round who are on the thread just to help people with hatching and new chick problems. I'd post there and see what they say.
Hi Bantambird,
Thanks for the advice, I will give that a try. Also figured it could be some sort of vitamin deficiency maybe?

Back
Top Bottom