Baby Chick Pictures!!!!! POST!

These 3 are our first chicks ever. Feed store said they are golden sexlinks.

I love golden sex links! We have a golden sex link rooster and he is one of the friendliest roosters I've ever seen. He is also the prettiest! :D

These 3 are our first chicks ever. Feed store said they are golden sexlinks.
Looks like the one on the right at least is a male. Don't know if you wanted one, but that's what you've got.
My red sexlink hens were some of the best layers I ever had, and absolute sweeties. We were all very sad when our old girl Goldie passed away.

Looks like the one on the right at least is a male.  Don't know if you wanted one, but that's what you've got.
My red sexlink hens were some of the best layers I ever had, and absolute sweeties.  We were all very sad when our old girl Goldie passed away.

The one with the most brown on it? Or the whitish one? I don't know a whole lot about chickens. What makes you say it's a male, we did not want any roosters. :)

Quote: The one on the far right had almost no brown, it's comb is much larger and coloration is different from the other two who match quite well(more color, same sized combs)...when comparing 3 chicks of the same breed, differences like that can be meaningful.

I got my two new chicks tonight. They will eventually join my 4 that are 2 weeks old. These I bought as "assorted rare breed pullets.

The more mystery the better. I'll upload better pics tomorrow. At this point I have no clue as to what "rare" breed they are. .. Any suggestions?

On the left is a golden campine without a doubt. Maybe a glw on right.

I got my chicks today! I picked them up from Meyer Hatchery this morning. You can't really see them all in this pic, but I got the following (pullets): 1 Olive Egger, 1 Easter Egger, 1 Blue Ameraucana, 1 Buff Orpington, 1 Black Australorp, 1 Speckled Sussex, 1 Buckeye, 1 Barred Rock, 1 Ancona, 1 Leghorn, 2 Welsummer, 2 Golden Buff. We also got five straight run Silkies, but we will only be able to keep the females. Very excited to have chicks again as we had to leave our old coop and flock behind when we moved last year.

Quote: They are sexlinks. That means they were bred specifically so you can tell the males from the females just by looking at the colors of the chicks. In red (or golden) sexlinks, this means the roosters will be white or silver, and the hens will be red or gold. The all-white chick on the far right is almost certainly male.

I got my chicks today! I picked them up from Meyer Hatchery this morning. You can't really see them all in this pic, but I got the following (pullets): 1 Olive Egger, 1 Easter Egger, 1 Blue Ameraucana, 1 Buff Orpington, 1 Black Australorp, 1 Speckled Sussex, 1 Buckeye, 1 Barred Rock, 1 Ancona, 1 Leghorn, 2 Welsummer, 2 Golden Buff. We also got five straight run Silkies, but we will only be able to keep the females. Very excited to have chicks again as we had to leave our old coop and flock behind when we moved last year.

lol that little barred rock chick in the back that is collapsed on its side like "Ahhhhh, heat lamp
2665.png
"

Back
Top Bottom