Baby Chick Pictures!!!!! POST!

Cute!
Im still learning which situations give you a BR, a black sex link, a red sex link and a RIR. We are hatching more today and I don't know what's what since the eggs came from a farm with BR and RIR roos.
It's all about the roo as far as sex linkage goes. Have you looked at the charts on the Sex linked information thread? Of course BR roo over BR hen = BR chicks, the males will have a prominent head spot. Females, not so much... if at all. Females will have darker feathering, and darker legs. RIR roo over RIR hen = RIR chicks. In some lines the males can be identified from the females. You'd have to do some research on that. Now, for sex links: RIR roo over BR hen will give you black sex linked chicks. Unfortunately, you may not be able to tell the difference between the sex linked chicks and the BR chicks.

It's all about the roo as far as sex linkage goes. Have you looked at the charts on the Sex linked information thread? Of course BR roo over BR hen = BR chicks, the males will have a prominent head spot. Females, not so much... if at all. Females will have darker feathering, and darker legs. RIR roo over RIR hen = RIR chicks. In some lines the males can be identified from the females. You'd have to do some research on that. Now, for sex links: RIR roo over BR hen will give you black sex linked chicks. Unfortunately, you may not be able to tell the difference between the sex linked chicks and the BR chicks.
Thanks for the extra info. I'm going to look for the Sex Link Information Thread and keep reading. No matter what they are, were keeping all the hens and we'll see about the roos later. At this age I don't want to give up any.

Here are some photos of my 4 day old Cream leg Bar chicks and my 10 day old Maran chicks. There hunting for any meal worms and peas they might have thrown around when feeding in these photo's.

Love the polish!

here is what I had to deal with for 2 weeks...

But I put some eggs under a hen, they will be staggered because I was not sure the eggs were even fertile. but here is an early hatcher... mom was coco maran mix, tan egg, dad was a blue frizzle olive egger. 3 pics so you can see his angles...

Back
Top Bottom