Baby Chick Pictures!!!!! POST!

8 of my new flock members.

HI! A little new to BYC posting (not to the forums though, been a lurker for a while, and a chicken mama years ago). Glad to find this thread, because, who DOESN'T love showing off chick pics?
frow.gif

So Little.. Salmon Faverolles and Cuckoo Maran

Growing:

Added a lil fellow (Golden Laced Wyandoette), and the girls just keep getting bigger and feathery-er (is that a word? ha ha)

And NOW the gals are starting to look ... WOW and some a bit gangly (those feathers come in fast)!

And I had to build a new brooder (which may come in handy for visits outside soon, and possibly sequestering chickens should it be necessary down the road, or MORE BABIES - next year)

I only wish I could have found a heating pad that wouldn't auto shut off... I would have loved to use one. However, the first one didn't come as advertised and wasn't returnable. So, we're stuck with a light. So excited though, as I got the horizontal nipple set up and they seem to be doing fine with it! :)
Thought I'd update...

The little Golden Laced Wyandoette Roo - approximately 3 weeks old:

the bigger chicks have been with us for 4 weeks now - estimated to be maybe about 5 or possibly 6 weeks old

Positively a female - Salmon Faverolle #1 (aka Brownie Girl)

The friendliest and least flighty Salmon Faverolle... fingers are crossed still that it's a female, poor color hatchery chick... although could be a rooster.
He or She does have a lot of brown on the back end that can't be seen in these photos. If I knew for sure they were from the same parents as the one above I'd be positive this is a boy. I'm holding out hope though. Actually, if this is a rooster, I think we'd keep him anyway.

Salmon Faverolle #3 - also VERY dark, though she/he has more brown than the other, if this is a rooster, some decisions will have to be made as I don't want 3 roosters! Not without more hens for sure!
- and a Cuckoo Maran pullet (and my kids having fun feeding the chicks)

Another Cuckoo Maran up closer. One has a touch more white than the other. They tend to not tolerate being "pet" as much as the Faverolles, however if we pick them up they quiet down quicker. They are way more pushy when it comes to treats than the Faverolles too.

Thought I'd update... The little Golden Laced Wyandoette Roo - approximately 3 weeks old: the bigger chicks have been with us for 4 weeks now - estimated to be maybe about 5 or possibly 6 weeks old Positively a female - Salmon Faverolle #1 (aka Brownie Girl) The friendliest and least flighty Salmon Faverolle... fingers are crossed still that it's a female, poor color hatchery chick... although could be a rooster. He or She does have a lot of brown on the back end that can't be seen in these photos. If I knew for sure they were from the same parents as the one above I'd be positive this is a boy. I'm holding out hope though. Actually, if this is a rooster, I think we'd keep him anyway. [COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR] Salmon Faverolle #3 - also VERY dark, though she/he has more brown than the other, if this is a rooster, some decisions will have to be made as I don't want 3 roosters! Not without more hens for sure! - and a Cuckoo Maran pullet (and my kids having fun feeding the chicks) [COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR] Another Cuckoo Maran up closer. One has a touch more white than the other. They tend to not tolerate being "pet" as much as the Faverolles, however if we pick them up they quiet down quicker. They are way more pushy when it comes to treats than the Faverolles too. [COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR]
Beautiful! And I am so envious of your SF. I wish I had ordered one.
1f629.png
Welp, guess I have an excuse to get chicks again.

Thought I'd update...

The little Golden Laced Wyandoette Roo - approximately 3 weeks old:

the bigger chicks have been with us for 4 weeks now - estimated to be maybe about 5 or possibly 6 weeks old

Positively a female - Salmon Faverolle #1 (aka Brownie Girl)

The friendliest and least flighty Salmon Faverolle... fingers are crossed still that it's a female, poor color hatchery chick... although could be a rooster.
He or She does have a lot of brown on the back end that can't be seen in these photos. If I knew for sure they were from the same parents as the one above I'd be positive this is a boy. I'm holding out hope though. Actually, if this is a rooster, I think we'd keep him anyway.

Salmon Faverolle #3 - also VERY dark, though she/he has more brown than the other, if this is a rooster, some decisions will have to be made as I don't want 3 roosters! Not without more hens for sure!
- and a Cuckoo Maran pullet (and my kids having fun feeding the chicks)

Another Cuckoo Maran up closer. One has a touch more white than the other. They tend to not tolerate being "pet" as much as the Faverolles, however if we pick them up they quiet down quicker. They are way more pushy when it comes to treats than the Faverolles too.

I'd wager that the black one at least is a boy; My little 2 week faverolles has feathers as black at that and is also most likely a boy.

Back
Top Bottom