Baby Chick Pictures!!!!! POST!

A bevvy of sleeping babies! Some sizzles, silkies and Sebrights!

These are our new chicks, we were told they are a week old, three Easter eggers and two backyard mixes of some sort.we got them for our son after his four chicks he hatched out passed away suddenly ( three shortly after hatching and one this morning at a week old) these guys look older than a week to me.

Everyone's going on 16 weeks (+/-) come Wednesday! EE (Sprinkles), BR (Cherry) and Delaware (Snowcone) are all the same age for sure, from the same breeder, but the Silkie (Dim Sum) and the BO/Light Brahma X (Macaron) came from separate places.

Dim Sum is the spunkiest of them all and doesn't let the big birdies push her around, but she's by far my daughter's favorite, because, well, she really is like a little teddy bear. Macaron is the shyest and sweetest, and it took her about 2 weeks to realize that she's actually bigger and stronger than all of them!

Macaron is starting to redden up, so I'm hoping that we could see an egg out of her in another month, but being crossed with 2 big birds, not so sure. Now's the egg waiting game. Dim Sum and Sprinkles eggs will be easy to ID, but it could be tough to figure out the other three if they all lay into that pinky-tan color range!

I was asked to share a picture of my little girl once she fully developed. I think this is it and she now has a new friend (note under her wing next to the mirror)

Bonnet as a baby

Bonnet today with little friend

How adorable, a chicken with ducklings looking up at her so lovingly. Moms come in all shapes and sizes. What a Mother's Day card.
This was supposed to be attached to the picture of the white silky hen with a fuzzy baby duckling under her peeking out looking up at her and now I can not find the picture. If anyone sees the picture can you attach it please, it is really very touching thanks

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom