Baby Chick Question

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by lunkerchicken, Jun 2, 2010.

1. lunkerchicken

lunkerchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

I have four 1 week old Jersey Giants and should be recieving 4 Golden Sebrights, 2 Silver Sebrights, 2 white capped black Polish and 2 white capped blue polish tomorrow. My question is, do you think they will be fine together for the first few weeks? This is my first time with bantams and I am not sure how the 1 week old Jersey Giants will respond to them or the Polish for that matter. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance for any advice you can give!
    [​IMG]

2. pkw

pkw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2010
    North Edwards, CA
    How old will the new chicks be? I had one week old chicks in the brooder and added some 2 day old chicks in with them with no problem. They were almost the same size well just a wee bit of difference but not enough to amount to anything.

Enjoy your chicks:)

3. lunkerchicken

lunkerchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

The shipment of chicks coming tomorrow will all be day olds, so they will be one week behind the original 4 Jersey Giants. I was just concerned because I imagine the bantam day olds will be significantly smaller? I hope they all live in harmony!

4. chickencoop13

chickencoop13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    nh
    i had almost three week olds and mixed them with 3 day old bantams just fine and the bantams have been the boss of the brooder since [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by