Baby Chick Question

lunkerchicken

Songster
10 Years
Apr 26, 2009
Cape Cod, Massachusetts
I have four 1 week old Jersey Giants and should be recieving 4 Golden Sebrights, 2 Silver Sebrights, 2 white capped black Polish and 2 white capped blue polish tomorrow. My question is, do you think they will be fine together for the first few weeks? This is my first time with bantams and I am not sure how the 1 week old Jersey Giants will respond to them or the Polish for that matter. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance for any advice you can give!
idunno.gif

How old will the new chicks be? I had one week old chicks in the brooder and added some 2 day old chicks in with them with no problem. They were almost the same size well just a wee bit of difference but not enough to amount to anything.

Enjoy your chicks:)

The shipment of chicks coming tomorrow will all be day olds, so they will be one week behind the original 4 Jersey Giants. I was just concerned because I imagine the bantam day olds will be significantly smaller? I hope they all live in harmony!

i had almost three week olds and mixed them with 3 day old bantams just fine and the bantams have been the boss of the brooder since
ya.gif

Back
Top Bottom