baby chick sneezing

ok what are some signs to look out for to tell the gender of a chick?
Theres quite a few! Ill name some that help me.
1. it really depends what breed you have, becuase if its something like a rhode island red, those are by far the easiest to tell even at a young age.
2. By about 4-6 weaks, the roosters typically are more protective and sometimes agressive. But by that time theres obvious signs
3. the colors are much more vibrant, as the hens are usually much more dull.
4. At about 6-8 weeks, their feathers should look like a rooster, meaning their tail feathers and such, having that little hump of a curl in the feathers for roosters.
5. The hens are usually smaller, but thats for when their older to really tell.
6. The comb *Thing on top of their head* and wobble *Thing under their head* (Not to be mistaken for earlobes) *Near their ear holes*, will be much bigger then that of a hen.
thats the major signs but what breed are you looking to really tell if its a hen/rooster, you may be able to tell now depending on the kind.

Theres quite a few! Ill name some that help me.
1. it really depends what breed you have, becuase if its something like a rhode island red, those are by far the easiest to tell even at a young age.
2. By about 4-6 weaks, the roosters typically are more protective and sometimes agressive. But by that time theres obvious signs
3. the colors are much more vibrant, as the hens are usually much more dull.
4. At about 6-8 weeks, their feathers should look like a rooster, meaning their tail feathers and such, having that little hump of a curl in the feathers for roosters.
5. The hens are usually smaller, but thats for when their older to really tell.
6. The comb *Thing on top of their head* and wobble *Thing under their head* (Not to be mistaken for earlobes) *Near their ear holes*, will be much bigger then that of a hen.
thats the major signs but what breed are you looking to really tell if its a hen/rooster, you may be able to tell now depending on the kind.
ok thanks

Alright, those sadly arent the autosexing chickens *That is just a fancy word for saying you cant tell their gender when their super super young* heres the only ones I personally know that can, Rhode island red, Plymouth rock, legbar and welsummer. Any other questions? I have plenty of time so if theres anything you wanna know.

Alright, those sadly arent the autosexing chickens *That is just a fancy word for saying you cant tell their gender when their super super young* heres the only ones I personally know that can, Rhode island red, Plymouth rock, legbar and welsummer. Any other questions? I have plenty of time so if theres anything you wanna know.
i’m thinking of getting silkies. any tips on sexing those?

They're very hard to sex early on! DNA is your best bet. Just went through the woes of ending up with a cockerel that I was pretty confident in sex early on with.
I dont own silkies personally but i know that 25% of the offspring will have smooth feathers, 50% will be frizzled, and 25% will be frazzled. *I may be wrong but thats what i know*

Back
Top Bottom