baby chick suddenly can't stand up, everything else seems fine. what should i do?

mahampire

In the Brooder
Mar 3, 2021
i have 2 baby chicks , one is 3 weeks one other is 4 weeks old. the 3 week one chick stoped walking and couldn't stand on it's legs for 3 days but the other was doing fine, but suddenly it also stoped walking and can't stan too. They eat & drink pretty much fine, tho idk what to feed them. they don't eat most of the foods and only likes raw rice. they don't seem to have any external injuary in the legs as well. what should i do? are they gonna be ok?
i keep them in a big cage with paper flooring.

Your chicks are suffering a nutritional deficiency. Deficiency’s can cause lameness, paralysis, and numerous life threatening neurological conditions in chicks and chickens. The fact that your only feeding raw rice is the culprit.
You need to switch to a complete and balanced chick starter immediately. Take out every grain of rice and replace it with chick feed. They may not show interest at first, but they won’t starve themselves.
You also need to get them on a Vitamin B complex, and Poultry Cell immediately. That will address the nutritional deficiency’s, and B complex should support the legs specifically.

Next time I recommend you do a bit more research before you devote yourself to animals. There’s lots of info on what to feed chickens in a quick google search.

Your chicks are suffering a nutritional deficiency. Deficiency’s can cause lameness, paralysis, and numerous life threatening neurological conditions in chicks and chickens. The fact that your only feeding raw rice is the culprit.
You need to switch to a complete and balanced chick starter immediately. Take out every grain of rice and replace it with chick feed. They may not show interest at first, but they won’t starve themselves.
You also need to get them on a Vitamin B complex, and Poultry Cell immediately. That will address the nutritional deficiency’s, and B complex should support the legs specifically.

Next time I recommend you do a bit more research before you devote yourself to animals. There’s lots of info on what to feed chickens in a quick google search.
thank u soo much i also suspected that it's malnutrition. but the problem is that they don't even wanna eat anything , i used chick feed but they seem to refuse it everytime, peak at it and then sit back without eating. other things like egg yolk , bananas , fruits, veggies, grass they don't seem interested in anything :"[ idk wat to do- i'm giving them vitamin B complex, vitamin E mixed with water hope it works

thank u soo much i also suspected that it's malnutrition. but the problem is that they don't even wanna eat anything , i used chick feed but they seem to refuse it everytime, peak at it and then sit back without eating. other things like egg yolk , bananas , fruits, veggies, grass they don't seem interested in anything :"[ idk wat to do- i'm giving them vitamin B complex, vitamin E mixed with water hope it works
You need to take away all the rice, and replace it with chick feed. They probably will refuse it, maybe fast for a bit, but they won’t starve themselves. They will eat it eventually, you just can’t cave and give them rice.
Try wetting it down into a mush. Sometimes chicks are more enticed by feed when wetted down.

Back
Top Bottom