Baby chick will not feather out????

Yes it's a rooster, so is the Millie fleur d'uccle behind it. The only thing to be concerned with is if it's a frazzle, but generally hatcheries don't produce them, only private breeders that don't know not to breed frizzle to frizzle.
Ok cool, that's cool to know. Also the Millie behind it? Is what photo? The brown ir black bird? Please remember I know very little about chickens and the different breeds.

Grit is tiny granite pieces to help the gizzard grind up and digest food other than chick starter. There is a chick size bag at most feed stores for chicks up to 10 weeks, and larger chickens need regular grit.
We live on a hill that is made up of sand, very fine sand, the flock just loves free ranging and rolling around in the sand. And they go nuts when I pour out old water on the ground, not a lot, maybe 8 oz, but they just love it.

I had a d’uccle rooster, and mine was submissive to the other 2 roosters in the flock. He had his little harem of bantam hens, and hung with them. It may depend on if they get along, or you have to separate one or two, though.

Well...that's not really what I was hoping to hear. I always thought and I have heard you really dont want a large number of roosters. With the Millie being a rooster, I'm up to 3 now out of 13 birds.
Bantams can be different. I don't generally make those decisions until all birds are more mature. Once boys start being boys it becomes easier to decide what to do. I have kept roosters separately long term until I have a place for them.

Back
Top Bottom