Baby chick wing is split?

KBGB

Chirping
Feb 17, 2022
Dallas Georgia
Hey everyone! Im a new chicken mom and we just got our first shipment of chicks on Wednesday. It’s been a little harder than I anticipated with multiple bouts of pasty butt and boy are they messy 🤪 Hoping we are past that now as they all seem clean this morning. But my Blue Splash Maran has strange wings that don’t look like the other chicks and I am not sure what this is or if I need to be concerned. Any ideas? Picture in comments.

Last edited:
Hey everyone! Im a new chicken mom and we just got our first shipment of chicks on Wednesday. It’s been a little harder than I anticipated with multiple bouts of pasty butt and boy are they messy 🤪 Hoping we are past that now as they all seem clean this morning. But my Blue Splash Maran has strange wings that don’t look like the other chicks and I am not sure what this is or if I need to be concerned. Any ideas?

Welcome to BYC.

We'll need photos to help you figure this out.

Hey everyone! Im a new chicken mom and we just got our first shipment of chicks on Wednesday. It’s been a little harder than I anticipated with multiple bouts of pasty butt and boy are they messy 🤪 Hoping we are past that now as they all seem clean this morning. But my Blue Splash Maran has strange wings that don’t look like the other chicks and I am not sure what this is or if I need to be concerned. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 1C7358B8-97E9-4171-9912-4756F4D4402E.jpeg
    1C7358B8-97E9-4171-9912-4756F4D4402E.jpeg
    28.6 KB · Views: 38
Hey everyone! Im a new chicken mom and we just got our first shipment of chicks on Wednesday. It’s been a little harder than I anticipated with multiple bouts of pasty butt and boy are they messy 🤪 Hoping we are past that now as they all seem clean this morning. But my Blue Splash Maran has strange wings that don’t look like the other chicks and I am not sure what this is or if I need to be concerned. Any ideas? Picture in comments.
Can you send a pic with wing spread out...I have a maran that has the same wing problem...let me tell you it save you from having to worry about it flying far lol

Is it a silkie, or partly? They tend to have them. Wait, just reread.. it's a Matans. Interesting. It looks split to me. Cute though. Going to be pretty.

Hi Everyone! Thanks for replying. My Pet Chicken said it is a split wing deformity and refunded us our money for her. They said it won't cause her any harm. She is doing great and growing like crazy! She is actually the biggest of all our chicks and she is feathering in quickly.

Back
Top Bottom