Baby Chick won't walk.

Cadag

In the Brooder
Jun 19, 2021
I have a Cornish cross chick that is just over one week old. I can't walk. I keeps falling on its side and then trying to get up. but cant. I was walking fine. this is the third chick that looks like this. I had one that was just laying down and not walking but laying normally. and another one just found it practically dead but once I started dripping water in its mouth it got a whole bunch of energy. but refused to eat. then died with in five minutes.
I would sure appreciate your help with this.
Thanks.

I have a Cornish cross chick that is just over one week old. I can't walk. I keeps falling on its side and then trying to get up. but cant. I was walking fine. this is the third chick that looks like this. I had one that was just laying down and not walking but laying normally. and another one just found it practically dead but once I started dripping water in its mouth it got a whole bunch of energy. but refused to eat. then died with in five minutes.
I would sure appreciate your help with this.
Thanks.
I would gets some vitmans booster and try malking something for it to help walk like getting a rubber band and a straw like something you would make for splayed legs and mabye it will learn to hopple.

Is it splay legs? Is there something noticeably wrong with the kegs or feet?

Or does it look like lethargy with loss of balance/weakness?

The one that you fed water to- did you aspirate it? Maybe it was choking and that’s why it was so active before it died suddenly.

Thankyou all for your help!
I am a Believer in Yeshua ( Hebrew name for Jesus). So as soon as I saw that it was sick I prayed. and after doing research and reading your comments. I went out to give it some vitamins and there was no sign of it. I have had this over 3 times this year. where a chicken is sick and then they just get better randomly.
So the chick is better, But I am very grateful for your help.
I do not believe that it was splay legs, I use pine shavings for my bedding. I had one that looked lethargic and died a day later.
I did not aspirate the chicken that I gave water to My dad said the same thing that it might .
In the future how would you suggest I aspirate a chick
Thankyou very much!.

Back
Top Bottom