Baby chicks afraid of everything!

AniketM

In the Brooder
Jun 9, 2019
So I have four baby chickens in my house. They are of about four months. I dont even even know if i should call them baby anymore... So whenever i go to see them i always want to touch them and hold them and they dont have any problem with me touching them. But whenever i bring my foot close to them they scream so loud and run away from me. Idk why are they so afraid of my foot... And they are afraid of many other stuff too... like polythene, newspaper, stuffed toys and many other things! So what should i do so that they are not afraid?

They're chickens... they're afraid of everything.

Are you planning on moving them outside soon or are they house birds? They're well past the age of moving out.
I do keep them out for some time but there are so many cats and hawks in our place... So i dont take them out for so long time because im afraid if some animal will come and take them...

They need to live outside, unless your house is outfitted for them.
You can keep predators from getting them by building them a predator-proof coop and run. Do you have an outdoor coop for them?

There is a reason that cowards are referred to as chickens. If you want them to like you, make sure they associate you as the 'human that brings the feed bucket.'

Back
Top Bottom