Baby chicks arrived!

Jun 14, 2021
Germany
Last night we had a quite scaring thunderstorm here, and it lasts for hours. It's difficult for me to well sleep as from last afternoon, the hatch day starts. However, this morning I realized there are already two successfully hatched. They are so cute and I think we made a right decision to let the broody be the mom, she is very reliable and taked such a good care of them during the past 3 weeks.

24700.jpg

24702.jpg

I've only had one broody hen who hatched her own, and of the six eggs, three never hatched, one chick was dead when I found it. One girl hatched out fine, and I had given up hope of more. Three days later, as I was preparing to get rid of the unhatched eggs, I heard a tiny sound. And, that's how little Pip got her name.

And, whatever the breed, your hen is beautiful and the babies are so cute. Love the photo of the one eating the shell.

This broody girl is just about 1 year old, she was hatched in 2020 May. She is always the low profile one, but super stubborn and remains broody for at least one month, even we tried to break her broodiness, she will find a place to stay in her fantasy. We finally bought some eggs for her, and wow, she really took the responsibility.

That's so wonderful to see how she reacts with baby chicks, and also congrat for your new babies 😍

Back
Top Bottom