Baby chicks arrived!

Finally today the weather is a bit better, at least no rain, the temperature slowly increased to 13~15 degree C.

I am happy to see mama hen is much like she was before getting broody. She eats like a normal chicken and brought chicks for some short outdoor activities, too.

25323.jpg

This area is surrounded by young vegetable plants and herbs I sowed and propagated early in spring. so very safe and all-they-can-eat.

Hopefully we can receive their new coop soon :)

Day 5, all baby chicks already learned how to eat, how to drink, how to play up and down, how to peck their mom on the face :lau and, the most important, how to follow mom tightly and hide under mom's wings when something strange (strange sound, strange human beings..) appeared.

Hey, little one, you know how to drink properly! Good job!
25512.jpg

Mama hen is teaching them how to mess the ground up, hahaha, and those chicks learned so seriously!
25513.jpg

Other hens are super jealous as there are plenty fresh and young veggies, herbs inside this sub-area.
25514.jpg

Kind of my favorite photo!
25516.jpg

Day 8, all of them stay energetic and active. Eat well, drink well, sleep well (i guess) and play all day.

25668.jpg
They have baby chick feed and in the morning, I will also prepare a small portion fresh food (carrot, apple, veggies, boiled yolk, all very fine processed). So far they enjoy well. They also try to peck the young veggie plants I put in their run as their small food forest.

2W2D All six chicks grow well and much bigger then they were. I love to see how much they like (to destroy :lau ) veggies and herbs I prepared for them.

26015_0.jpg

Feed for chicks, strawberry and some egg yolk
26017_0.jpg

26018.jpg

Back
Top Bottom