Baby chicks arrived!

Week 3

After adding one more layer of hardware cloth to the original fence, we let mama hen and baby chicks return to the flock, well, in fact, just another 4 hens.

26497.jpg

As what I noticed earlier, the other adult hens show quite little interests in them.
26496.jpg

The mama hen was originally the omega among 5, the two leghorn were on the top, two Lohmann brown in the middle. Now no matter who is too close to the baby chicks, mama hen immediately turns into attack mode, i never saw her be so aggressive from the first day she arrived here as a 7 weeks old chick. What else can i say, much tougher and stronger when as a mother.

After several runs, it seems the other 4 hens prefer keeping a safe distance. :p

Week 3

After adding one more layer of hardware cloth to the original fence, we let mama hen and baby chicks return to the flock, well, in fact, just another 4 hens.

View attachment 2755360

As what I noticed earlier, the other adult hens show quite little interests in them.
View attachment 2755361

The mama hen was originally the omega among 5, the two leghorn were on the top, two Lohmann brown in the middle. Now no matter who is too close to the baby chicks, mama hen immediately turns into attack mode, i never saw her be so aggressive from the first day she arrived here as a 7 weeks old chick. What else can i say, much tougher and stronger when as a mother.

After several runs, it seems the other 4 hens prefer keeping a safe distance. :p
Motherly instincts kicking in!🥰
Out broody does that too. Our rooster makes sure that everyone is kept in line.😊

Back
Top Bottom