Baby chicks coming soon!

!gb.PNG

I set 36 local eggs from a grocery store, and still have 36 on day 16. + 2 eggs from a diff store, and farm. I also have 2 boxes from hatcheries coming around the same time as these will hatch.

I know I’ve been through this a million different times, but what is y’all’s recommended age to start taking the chicks outside for little “field trips”? It hot where I live, so that shouldn’t be an issue.

69A578C6-3E07-408C-B0B0-14C2B0B0E036.jpeg
All but 3 eggs that went into lockdown hatched! This is a picture of all the hatchlings taken on Wednesday. They were in this small space for a very short amount of time and now have more room and there are also 12 or so less chicks in there because I sold some.

I think I’m going to keep 5, give some to family and friends, and the others are already spoken for to go to new homes. I need to figure out the best age to integrate the 5 in keeping in with my 2 1/2 week old chicks.

It’s been a cool adventure hatching so many chicks.

My chicks from McMurray are doing well and are almost 3 weeks old! I’ll post more pictures later. :)

Both are Ameraucana mixes. Moms are either black or splash. I’m assuming both have splash mom since they are both blue, but I don’t know. I don’t have a splash or blue rooster and the only black roosters I have are my BCM and Silkie. Any clue what these could be mixes of and why they look so different.

Attachments

• 865AD9C6-8EE9-4070-9CEC-F6478A59FF7C.jpeg
    865AD9C6-8EE9-4070-9CEC-F6478A59FF7C.jpeg
    413.3 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom