1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

baby chicks dieing

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by chickenbuttsowhat, May 30, 2011.

1. chickenbuttsowhat

chickenbuttsowhat Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2011
    Danville, Arkansas
    someone pls pls help im new to the chicken thing and i just hatched out some baby chicks about week half ago but for some reason they r all dieing one by one and i dont know why. they seem fine at first but then out of no where they will lose strength and just lay down eyes close then with in few hours they r dead and i dont know why. i did buy a silkie baby chick that was few days old last week it died the next day same way then after that one of my older chicks outside died same way then all my new born hatch chicks started to does anyone know whats going on :'( i clean out the box everyday got heat lamp fresh water and food it stays around 93 degrees out in the brooder box so i know not from over heating so idk pls someone help me i love my baby chicks and hate having to bury them [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. rivers2011

rivers2011 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2011
    Port Perry, ON
    so sorry to hear...I hope someone has good advice for you! (I'm new to the chicken thing as well)

3. chickenbuttsowhat

chickenbuttsowhat Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2011
    Danville, Arkansas
    thanks thought the chicken then be easy but really hard work lol i love all my chickens tho and hate to see my babies die cuz i was really looking forword on watching them grow even tho most of them was roosters lol [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. April's Chicken Ranch

April's Chicken Ranch Out Of The Brooder

May 11, 2011
    Willow River BC
    Oh that sounds horrible I wish I could hel but I am new too.Good luck

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by