Baby chicks dying off

Fak714

Hatching
Nov 18, 2019
So we got a batch of assorted chicks from Hoover’s Hatchery on Friday. Since then we have lost 2 and expect to lose at least one more. I had them vaccinated against the Cocc. Disease and mareks. The one that died last looked completely fine and was found dead. The one I expect to die will not stand without falling over and is in general the smallest.

we have added apple cider vinegar to the water and we are feeding them medicated chick feed. During my research I’ve seen I should have gotten regular feed as medicated will nullify the vaccine. (Not sure how that works but it’s what people are saying). Should I just straight switch to regular feed?

thanks

Medicated feed makes the Cocci vaccine not work. You will probably need to buy some Corid and treat or prevent with it in their water now.

I'm so sorry.... It's always so sad when the littles die....

I lost half of an order earlier this year to shipping stress. You might administer a little Nutri Drench or mix some in their water. And the temp in the brooder is very important, as @chickens really said. Make sure they aren't too cold, either. Pics of your set up might help us see if there is anything that might be contributing to their difficulties.

Back
Top Bottom