Baby chicks failing to thrive??

Ive attached a pic of this mornings poop (they have been sitting on top of brooder and squished it...so not great for form, but have circled areas that appear to contain blood). The poo is generally in ok shape...although there is the odd poo that - if it were a dog - I would say looks a bit like collitis (pic attached). Ive also attached a pic of the bunch of them for comparison - the chicks circles in green are the same age (the small brown one is the one with crusty eyes, mouth corners and butt)- as are those in pink. The huge one apparently is only a maximum of a week older...

Will get a sample to the vet for checking out. It does seem odd...I wouldve thought anything wrong and they would be showing it in terms of activity, eating and drinking...its only the smallest that has anything symptomatic - and its a wild spark at food time...!
Another poo

Attachments

• 20200115_075627.jpg
    20200115_075627.jpg
    634.1 KB · Views: 1
Ive attached a pic of this mornings poop (they have been sitting on top of brooder and squished it...so not great for form, but have circled areas that appear to contain blood). The poo is generally in ok shape...although there is the odd poo that - if it were a dog - I would say looks a bit like collitis (pic attached). Ive also attached a pic of the bunch of them for comparison - the chicks circles in green are the same age (the small brown one is the one with crusty eyes, mouth corners and butt)- as are those in pink. The huge one apparently is only a maximum of a week older...

Will get a sample to the vet for checking out. It does seem odd...I wouldve thought anything wrong and they would be showing it in terms of activity, eating and drinking...its only the smallest that has anything symptomatic - and its a wild spark at food time...!
You've got quite a few that look like mixed ages in there, sometimes it hard to compare when it comes to sizes.
Behavior is a really good indicator of health. Active, eating, drinking, having a wild spark at foot time...that doesn't really sound like sick or even failure to thrive chicks.

Back
Top Bottom