Baby chick's toe is FALLING OFF!!! Help!! EMERGENCY!!!!

A&D protects the out side stuff from getting into the problem... Triple antibiotic or neosporin work to heal from the inside ... In humans the new thought is ... we have our own antibodies and don't need it in an ointment... For animals I would sure use the ointment w/ antibodies.

Last edited:
Well, my mom bought some neosporin, so I took the bandage off the wound to apply it.There was a blood clot the size of two quarters covering her entire foot!!! I gave her extra water so she can replenish her fluids, and then cleaned off some of it to put the neosporin on her. Then I rebandaged her up. She isn't moving much, (who would be on that foot?) but she is very vocal.

I'll update with pics in a few hours.

Ok, just re-opened her bandage (which I change twice a day) she was quite a bit more lethargic today, which worried me. She had bled a lot, so I put some of the infant liquid multivitamin polyvisol (.625 mil.) in a syringe and force-fed her. She hadn't had any liquids, so I gave her some water too. And I put some crumbled bacon on her food, for the protein. She sure loved that!
The scab, which was about the size of two quarters yesterday, was smaller today. Her foot is swollen and nasty looking, but no infection. It looks like the toenail on that particular foot is complete turned backwards. Fractured toe, I believe, in some places poking through the skin.
sickbyc.gif
applied more neosporin, put a new bandaid on, and put her back in the cage with a blanket on top to keep it dark and cat-free.

One weird thing... When she breathes,she sticks her head way up to take in air, and her eyes water. Could I have gotten some of the vitamins in her lungs or something???
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom