Baby Chicks Tomorrow!

Me Too!! our farm is expecting close to 700 chickies tommorow from various hatcheries, i cant wait to see my chickes from Cackle hatchery, my costumers love there birds im so happy they let us retail for them here in Hawaii the bring quality to the table!!

Thats great! 700 wow! Thats going to be a noisy delivery. Sounds as though you have a great set up there. Would love to see some pictures!

And Megz, chicken math, got to love it. We actually are thinking of building an extension on our just built coop so that next time around we can get 10 chickens, which is the max we are allowed to have for the square footage of our property, darn city laws. But first we are working on our huge garden, on our way to becoming as self sustainable as we can!

Thanks! Yes, they DO grow fast!!! I had 29 in a 5 ft. something inches hexagon shaped box. I was able to get 11 to my friend I split the order with, leaving me with my 15 ordered chicks and 3 TSC chicks. Then, until we got the chicken house finished, I made a 6 ft by 12 ft. chicken tractor that we put them in during the day. I sure was getting quite a chickie chase workout catching those babies even in the 5 ft. brooder pen!!! Night time was easy once we figured out that at dark they all went into the little box I had in the tractor!!!

Sunflower those BO chicks are too cute. Hope you have a lot of room, they grow fast!

Oh my goodness! Look at all those babies! So I guess this is a real money making operation? ... Where as mine is a money costing operation! Haha ;)

I love the backyard barn, that's awesome! We have completed the coop, I will post pics on here soon. I am actually going Thursday to get 2-3 more girls- this time 12 wk old barred rocks- to add to our flock. :) the coop is big engh for a few more. But I'm thinking I should stick to only 2 more, not 3...

Wow! I'm still in awe at all those chicks and that amazing backyard barn!

What is your total now Megz? We stopped at 8 this time around, but building a coop extension so next time around we will get 10! Due to local laws, we could only have a max of 11 with our acreage. (bummer..lol)

Back
Top Bottom