Baby chicks vent isnt flush I guess?

xSlingsho66

In the Brooder
8 Years
Mar 9, 2011
The vent? I think its called. Or its anus... Is kinda odd on this one little gray chick. All the other ones there basically flush, this chick it kinda sticks out instead of being flush on the chicks butt the top sticks out basing the "vent/anus" to kinda point down toward the ground. It runs around and is happy seems fine was just wondering if this is normal? (this is one of the chicks thats getting the pasty butt) its also a batam if that matters. here is a pic. not real great though.

21b3d38.jpg

Make sure it's clean by wiping any crusty poop off. Give them some electrolytes and vits in their water,,, you by it @ the feed store.
good luck
welcome-byc.gif

I had that happen with a few of my pasty butt ones when I brooded them. It's a little bit of prolapse (I assume; can't see it that well.) Be sure you grease up the butt after cleaning. Hopefully time will take care of the problem; it did with mine.

lol alright will do. also a better description maybe (courtesy of my girlfriend) she says "it kinda looks like a female dogs pee thing" rofl i looked up prolapse and they are way diff looking then this. this looks natural its the same tone as the skin around it and it looks like it connects into the skin around it. its not bloody and inflamed or red or anything i keep trying to get a better pic but I cant
sad.png

I had to use veggy oil tonight... Will get some bagbalm or somethign tomarrow but didnt have any on hand hope the lil things ok. its my gfs baby lol

Thanks for your help!

What are they eating or being fed?

While it's nice to give them treats, I advise sticking to the basics. Starter and water. You can't go wrong with that and they need nothing else. No treats or vitamins or anything. Your basic starter/grower has all they need.

Back
Top Bottom