Baby chicks! What did you get this year/hatching?

I had a few picked out to order from Ideal. Every time I logged on, my shipping date was pushed farther back and I was trying to figure out work schedules so I'd be able to pick them up at the post office. We just started using a local feed store for bulk cattle feed and I picked up some of his feed for the chickens while I was there. He mentioned that he was going to place a chick order from Privett and he'd be happy to add ours to it so he could order more and they'd cost him less. I didn't realize he'd be able to get them so quickly! So along with my five current hens (Barred rock, silver laced wyandotte, and golden sex links), I now have:
5 Black Australorps
5 Cream Legbars
5 Blue Plymouth Rocks (I told him Production Blues, but got these instead and they're becoming a favorite)

And I think my husband told him to add some more to his next order if he can get more of the australorps. So I may have more on the way. lol

Attachments

• IMG_0946 2.png
    IMG_0946 2.png
    6.1 MB · Views: 9
:celebrate:celebrateI just got 2 Blue Plymouth and one Delaware:celebrate:celebrate I got them from Kahoots (CA animal feed store). Ive been trying to get chicks from local smaller farms but the last order I placed was cancelled this week, I think due to weather. I’ve been researching and obsessing. Now they’re here, yay!!! I have them in the brooder under the heater plate and they’re sleeping and super quiet. I really want them to make it😳 the worry is real 😩

I’m not going through hatcheries this year—but last month I acquired two d’Uccles hens (mille and porcelain) and a breeding pair of bobtail bantam Cochins! In two weeks I’m hoping to pick up 2-4 black d’Anver hens, and for the Easter HAL I am hoping to hatch some white and some black split to lavender d’Anvers. I really need to be done after that! I have no more room 😆

I probably should learn how to "cross post" but....
got 10 assorted sapphires from Hoover's/TSC (gem, splash, olive egger). ordered 1/20, hatched 2/14, arrived this morning.

Attachments

• 69825401315__132D8BD2-3BC4-4150-98DC-A1425BBFA63E.jpg
    69825401315__132D8BD2-3BC4-4150-98DC-A1425BBFA63E.jpg
    290.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1511.jpg
    IMG_1511.jpg
    271.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1512.jpg
    IMG_1512.jpg
    231.7 KB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom