Baby chicks with growths on their beaks???

No not really they are actually below their nostrils and on the side of their mouths. I will take pics tomorrow and post them up. All chicks are eating and drinking so I guess this is a good sign.

Bumping..Any one with any advice would be appreciated. Sorry no pics put my camera is not working. Please if anyone has their opinion I would love to hear it. Thank you

Yes your pics look just the same as what is going on with my chicks....any suggestions on what we are dealing with? Thank you all for the useful information I just wish I knew what this was and if I am doing everything possible to cure or at least make it more comfortable and not spread to the rest of my flock. Have an awsome day everyone.

Well just an update: It seems like we are on the road to recovery. The bumps arent getting worse and everyone is still eating and drinking well. Im sorry I was not able to post pics but by other posts I am pretty sure I am dealing with the Pox. I really enjoy being a part of your forum and look foward to learning new things about the care of my chickens. You all have a great wealth of knowledge and its greatly appreciated. I am honored to be a part of a wonderful group such as yourselves. I hope everyone has an awsome Sunday and GOD bless you all.

So sorry I didn't reply sooner, but I did repost w/ some newer pictures. If it is wetpox then it takes about 4 weeks for recovery. Is that your timeline now? Also, mine are starting to show spots on their feet, did yours do this also? What about your adult chickens, any signs there? Admittadly, it doesn't seem to be affecting their living habits, they're still running about and eating. Thanks for the help!

Hello my chicks were born on 9/11/12 and the first to show signs was at 3 days old. They all seem to have bumps of some degree but none on the feet. Unfortunatly the one that had it first seems to have lost his eye.His eye wont open even with me putting ointment and saline eye treatment and iodine on the bumps (not on the eyes). The good thing is everyone is still eating and drinking fine and acting great. My other hens and roos show no signs of this issue but I have kept them completely away from the rest of my flock. The unique thing is mama hen is with them but thank god has no signs of the pox. I truly thank all of you for all your wealth of info and enjoy being a part of this group. I hope everyone has an awsome day and happy farming. I have other critters on my farm I.E. goats,chickens, ducks, geese, rabbitts, horses, donkeys, quail, sunconures, lovebirds, dogs and cats. I hope whatever this is dosent affect my other babies. I love them all. We do Pony Parties and Petting Zoos for birthdays, church events, cooporate events etc. It is an awsome feeling to see children and adults smile and enjoy the opportunity to see or even touch the wonderful critters that GOD has given to us as a blessing. Once again enjoy your day and GOD bless you all.

Back
Top Bottom