Baby Chicks With Older Bird?javascript:insert_text(':/',%20'');

babyspice35

Songster
10 Years
Mar 10, 2009
Maui Wowee
So about 3 months ago, I found a wild baby chick in the middle of the road and nursed it back to health. It never really grew, and is looking the age of a 6 weeks old awkward... chicken- with no obvious signs of a gender and hardly clucking. But it's a real sweetheart, and kind of acts like a dog. Anyways I just figured it must have been the runt of the group or maybe has retarded growth because of loneliness. So I bought 3 chicks about 3 weeks old 1 week ago, and they started flying out of their box [about 2 1/2 or 3 feet tall] yesterday and all over the guest room, pooping everywhere. So I went out and made my existing run chick-proof [not an easy task]. I then tried to introduce them to each other, and the 3 month old relentlessly pecked them.
sad.png
Feeling sorry for the babies, I took them back inside. Should I re-introduce them outside? Is this a normal thing?
roll.png

Thanks!
big_smile.png

p.s. I live in Hawaii, so temperature isn't an issue.

yes, I would keep them in an area where they can see one another, but no harm can be done. After a week or so, let them out in the yard together, do that for a week or so, then try putting the younger ones in with the 3 month old at night.. I hope this helps!
frow.gif

gonzo&hispeeps :

yes, I would keep them in an area where they can see one another, but no harm can be done. After a week or so, let them out in the yard together, do that for a week or so, then try putting the younger ones in with the 3 month old at night.. I hope this helps!
frow.gif

Excellent advise​

Back
Top Bottom