Baby Cockatiels!!!

Do you have any kind of heater or lights for heat or is the poly sufficient.
No heat at all.The poly just keeps the drafts from blowing thru.It is still cold in there about 30 at the lowest so far,but not for long periods of time.As you can see in the pic there is a poly on the top of their pen.This has been replaced with metal roofing.It last much longer then the poly.After the snow falls it seals the bottom of their pen,so you need a little airflow to the top of the pen to avoid condensation.
In N.H.,Tony.

Last edited:
Thanks, l think that will be a spring project for me. I think the birds would be alot happier outside with more room. We live in Missouri bootheel where the winters are kind of mild. Temp rarely falls below 10 ° F so they should be fine wouldnt you think.

I'm having a bit of a problem with one of my chicks. He keeps getting on his back then cheeps madly and goes flailing in circles. He can't seem to stay upright. He also doesn't often sit with his siblings or parents. He is about 8 days old. I've never seen this happen before. Any ideas on why its happening or how I can fix it?

Well, the little guy seems to be recovering on his own. He's able to hold himself up now, but its a very wobbly and awkward position. At least he's not rolling around on his back anymore.

MY COCKATIEL HE IS AGGRESSIVE AND WONT EAT ANYTHING BUT SEEDS AND WATER HE NEVER PLAYS WITH HIS TOYS AND HE IS NOT SICK HE PLUCKS HIS FEATHERS
HELP
sad.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom