Baby Duck chicken ma hen

gimmie birdies

Enabler
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Feb 12, 2013
Eastern WA
duc.PNG
I had gotten 3 duck eggs from a friend, one was not fertile, I gave the eggs to this hen, she cracked this ducks egg and the remaining egg, I took this ducks egg and put nail polish on it (crack was in the air cell day 8) the other egg's crack was too big. The incubator had chicken eggs hatching the whole time it was in the incubator so it was always in high humidity. After duck egg hatched I put it back with this hen. Duck is 2 weeks old now.

View attachment 2701596I had gotten 3 duck eggs from a friend, one was not fertile, I gave the eggs to this hen, she cracked this ducks egg and the remaining egg, I took this ducks egg and put nail polish on it (crack was in the air cell day 8) the other egg's crack was too big. The incubator had chicken eggs hatching the whole time it was in the incubator so it was always in high humidity. After duck egg hatched I put it back with this hen. Duck is 2 weeks old now.
Congrats! Nice save.

I've yet to get a dented egg to go the distance...but will keep trying. 😉

The momma got bored and the duck did get injured by hens. I let his neck heal and gave him to young chickens his own age to be with. I didn't combine them when they were young, because I didn't want the duck to get splashy with the chicks, but now they get along
leai.PNG

Back
Top Bottom