Baby duck head bump

she needs to be drained again this morning but it doesn't look quite as large. What I need is a tiny little drain for her head.
Try flushing it with saline.
Wound Care: Home Instructions - Intermountain Healthcare
saline_2.png

Last edited:
@Magnolia Ducks could you take the duckling to the vet and get this taken care of at once?
I tried on Friday. I called twice to take her in with no response. I sent pictures and asked for an appointment. I will try again tomorrow. This is an avian vet but she takes care of all !y other animals. I know another avian vet not too far but they are incredibly expensive. I'll update tomorrow. If I hadn't lost her mother, I guess I would consider culling her. What, no I wouldnt. I will probably spend stupid amounts of money on a 4 day old duckling. But she's cute.

She only weighs 50 grams think how tiny her head is. If I made a large enough cut to use saline, I don't think she would survive. I am spraying her liberally with vetricyn several times a day. Thanks so much for everybody being there for little Todd. I will be sure to update in the morning.

Update, I only had to drain Todd once today in the afternoon. She holds so still. It must feel good to have that bump go down. Right now her head looks normal for the first time since she came out of the shell, so we are definitely making progress. I don't know why my vet has gone AWOL. But I think with perseverance, I might get her fixed. She is playing eating and pooping and doing all manner of ducky things.

Back
Top Bottom