Baby duck head bump

Give with water next time.

Never give room temp oil, if it's going to be administered it should be cold/hard or you risk aspirating the duckling.

Last edited:
I know. I am putting it under her tongue and then letting her swallow it after. She opens her mouth to bite me and I put a drop under her tongue right at the very front of her bill. I'm careful not to squirt in her mouth. Aspiration is why I waited so long to give it to her. She's so very good about it. I didn't drain her this morning, we will see how the day goes.

Give with water next time, or if the Amoxicillin isn't mixing well with the water, you can buy a suspension liquid, like this one.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GGHSQM/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A2Q8RCT9DO4NJN&psc=1

Never give room temp oil, if it's going to be administered it should be cold/hard or you risk aspirating the duckling.
Thank you. I know I am being very careful. I put just one drop under her tongue at the very front of her bill. I am more worried about aspirating her with water as I have less control where it goes. But please don't stop correcting me. I learn so much from you guys. If it was a duckling that struggles I would never do this. But she is very compliant, that's probably bad.

Back
Top Bottom