baby duck with lots of problems

Yeah, Patty, bless your heart for comforting the poor baby sparrow!

When I chose Rouens & Pekins, one of the main reasons was because they're much less likely to be broody according to what I've read.
fl.gif

Opie and his swaggerly handsomeness wondering what's up with the PMS ladies.
lol.png

That's too funny about the PMS gals, they're just mad about no babies. Did I mention yet that Lady started finally laying eggs again. Five months after the ducklings hatched. I was worried for a while, I know they generally start at two months after babies. Fingers crossed she doesn't go broody again, she lays before I let them out in the morning so I don't have to hunt them down, she does try to hide them under their food dish sometimes though.

Yeah, Patty, bless your heart for comforting the poor baby sparrow!

When I chose Rouens & Pekins, one of the main reasons was because they're much less likely to be broody according to what I've read.
fl.gif

Opie and his swaggerly handsomeness wondering what's up with the PMS ladies.
lol.png
He only sees them through the fence but he has been around long enough to know whats going on. lol

I think it's blondigal might not be her BYC name but close she has a Pekin who broods and hatches every year, so all hope may not be lost on Alfalfa
hide.gif
okay you can hit me if you want too.

It's like having 2 ducks with pms.  :D   Hopefully they will give up on the nesting.  I bet Opie is wondering what is their problem.  

I found a little baby sparrow on the sidewalk this morning.  It's got a lot of places on it's side where someone pecked it.  I brought it inside and wrapped it in a dishtowel and put it in a flower pot.  I don't think it's going to make it.  I put some water on a q tip and rubbed it on the side of it's beak. At least it will be warm and comfortable in it's final hours.  

Patty
That is so sweet and kind of you, Patty. Thank you.

aww bless you Patty this kind act will not go unnoticed. He sees even when a sparrow falls to the ground .:)

Opie hasn't been allowed to sleep with these 2 for a couple weeks now and they are inside the part of the fence he isn't allowed in so hopefully by the time they reunite these 2 girls will be over their PMS craziness.
too funny with those broodys. Is it Hope and Joy? Is Opie not sleeping with them cuz their broodiness makes them mean to him?

He only sees them through the fence but he has been around long enough to know whats going on. lol

I think it's blondigal might not be her BYC name but close she has a Pekin who broods and hatches every year, so all hope may not be lost on Alfalfa
hide.gif
okay you can hit me if you want too.

th.gif
NO! No broody Alfalfa!! I have my doubts that I'll be able to handle her then. How old are they when broody can start happening?

too funny with those broodys. Is it Hope and Joy? Is Opie not sleeping with them cuz their broodiness makes them mean to him?
No they carry on when he gets into their stall but it is mainly him he likes to go in and step all over them being Mr. Macho so he has had his own bedroom for a couple weeks I'll probably try him back in with them tomorrow night.

yes this is Hope and Joy.

Back
Top Bottom