Baby duck won’t walk

Just always be very careful when giving any liquid to ducklings, poultry if using a syringe or dropper. You don't want the liquid going down into the lungs which can cause pneumonia.
Oh yes, sorry, I agree with @Miss Lydia! Forgot to add that if you do ever use a syringe with a duckling just put a drop or two at a time on the edge of the inside of their mouth. Also it's completely normal for a duckling not to eat for the first 24-48 hours. Especially with assisted hatches they always take a little longer to want to eat.

Oh yes, sorry, I agree with @Miss Lydia! Forgot to add that if you do ever use a syringe with a duckling just put a drop or two at a time on the edge of the inside of their mouth. Also it's completely normal for a duckling not to eat for the first 24-48 hours. Especially with assisted hatches they always take a little longer to want to eat.
I assisted 3 other ducklings a month ago that walked fluffed ate and drank within an hour

DC79864C-CDF0-4555-973F-30C18D9B0F2A.jpeg

UPDATE! I Took the tape off her foot (was only on for a couple hours) and she’s got better control of her foot now she’s still a bit sleepy and stumbles a lot but she’s doing a lot better

Back
Top Bottom