Baby Duckling Death/worried about the rest

amartinez03

Hatching
Jun 20, 2021
A couple of hours ago, my duckling Jojo was swimming in the pool when he went belly up and died.

Last night at roughly 11:30 pm I noticed something was wrong with him. He wasn’t moving about and socializing with the other ducks and he kept squeaking almost as if he was crying. He wouldn’t stand on his leg or even let me look at it. I tried for 6 hours to get ahold of an emergency vet and then I tried today with no luck. He was happy and healthy yesterday morning but then dead today. I just don’t understand how it could have happened so fast. We got the ducklings about a week and a half ago so I’m not sure how old that makes them. The other three seem perfectly fine but I don’t want the same thing to happen to them.

A couple of hours ago, my duckling Jojo was swimming in the pool when he went belly up and died.

Last night at roughly 11:30 pm I noticed something was wrong with him. He wasn’t moving about and socializing with the other ducks and he kept squeaking almost as if he was crying. He wouldn’t stand on his leg or even let me look at it. I tried for 6 hours to get ahold of an emergency vet and then I tried today with no luck. He was happy and healthy yesterday morning but then dead today. I just don’t understand how it could have happened so fast. We got the ducklings about a week and a half ago so I’m not sure how old that makes them. The other three seem perfectly fine but I don’t want the same thing to happen to them.
Sorry to hear that. 🥺
There's sometimes just no telling what could have been wrong.
What are you feeding them and could it have gotten injured somehow?

Back
Top Bottom