Baby duckling just hatched, undeveloped??

No you're fine!
They don't really have an umbilical cord, the little string that is sometimes attached is just the embryo wastes still connected to the navel. Don't pull it off, it will come off on its own. There isn't any blood left in the shell is there?

I know! Lol!
I was up all night with my first batch. I still wake up overnight to check on chicks during hatch day, but they usually do fine without intervention. That's great your's are doing so well!
There was no blood at all surprising but thank god cause I don’t knw what I would have done lol
And he seems like he wants to get up but just can’t. Does it take a while for them to really move around? I never thought they could drown, I’ve done so much research but never saw this one coming.
my other 2 was the 1st ever that I hatched and it seemed like a hour or so they was moving around. Will theytook on their backs or sides? Is that normal?

There was no blood at all surprising but thank god cause I don’t knw what I would have done lol
And he seems like he wants to get up but just can’t. Does it take a while for them to really move around? I never thought they could drown, I’ve done so much research but never saw this one coming.
my other 2 was the 1st ever that I hatched and it seemed like a hour or so they was moving around. Will theytook on their backs or sides? Is that normal?
Lol!
Yes, they usually aren't full mobile like how you wouid picture ducklings until 3 or 4 days old. They don't start taking their first steps around a day old usually. Shakiness is normal. They are very clumsy during the first couple days. :)

Lol!
Yes, they usually aren't full mobile like how you wouid picture ducklings until 3 or 4 days old. They don't start taking their first steps around a day old usually. Shakiness is normal. They are very clumsy during the first couple days. :)
Awesome! You have made me feel so much better and just from my first post he seems 100% better than I thought 🥰🥰 Thank you for everything!

Back
Top Bottom