baby ducklings. please help!

duckymomma15

In the Brooder
Mar 17, 2015
my ducks eggs just hatched. Should i bring the babies inside? it gets pretty cold at night and im afraid the male duck will kill the babies.

Yes to both. If they just hatched they should be in a brooder with a heat lamp.
They are in their little house with a heat lamp. momma is sitting on them but the two other ducks are in the house too, i put a board in the middle so they're separated. will it hurt the babies or momam if they come inside??

They are in their little house with a heat lamp. momma is sitting on them but the two other ducks are in the house too, i put a board in the middle so they're separated. will it hurt the babies or momam if they come inside??

Ahh I misunderstood. It depends on how cold it gets but with mom and a heat lamp they should be ok. If you have any concern at all then bring them in, it can't hurt.

Where are you and how cold does it get?

I personally like the idea of separating the drake for a little while until you are confident that they get along.

Ahh I misunderstood. It depends on how cold it gets but with mom and a heat lamp they should be ok. If you have any concern at all then bring them in, it can't hurt.

Where are you and how cold does it get?

I personally like the idea of separating the drake for a little while until you are confident that they get along.
Im in cleveland so the temperature changes a lot. usually at night its 30-35° and its gonna start to snow in a few weeks. im just worried about the coyotes, raccoons, and stray cats. plus the fencing we have has pretty bug haps so im worried about that too

Well, it depends, is the mother present or did you buy the eggs.If the mom is there leave them out ,their mother will take care of them. Alls you would need to do then would be to 1) Make shore they have enough bedding and food,and 2) Keep the mother healthy. If you bought them than yes,bring the poor things inside!Be sure they have a nice warm place to be.

jumpy.gif
I really hope this helped you,GOOD LUCK!
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom