Baby ducks walking funny/ clumsy

I couldn't find liquid b complex at tsc they had a liquid b12 or poultry cell. The rooster booster poultry booster has 1000 mg of niacin for the whole 1.25 lb container. It says do a scoop for 1 lb of food. I put more than that for the first time in their adult duck food so I hope it gives them a quick boost. I'm hoping the nutritional yeast can be mixed with water so they get a niacin supplement in both.

I always just sprinkled it over their feed. I've never used rooster booster I hope it helps them.
I'll post an update on how she ( I think) is doing. Everything everyone tells me to get at tractor supply I can never find. Not sure if they just don't sell it at my local store or if it's just something they're always out of. I couldn't even find the durvet in the cattle aisle. I think you can mix the yeast in water if not ill sprinkle it over the food in addition to the poultry booster and I'll keep up the electrolytes in their water. I wonder if her legs will straighten themselves out as she grows or if there is a way I can splint them to get them back to normal? I can't imaging nutritional yeast, poultry booster and adult duck food that's got niacin specifically in it is somehow not going to be enough😕

I got an ok video but it won't allow me to attach it because I'm technologically impared. But here is a screenshot of her feet. She stumbles and walks on unsturdy legs and steps on her own feet and then she plops down.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220623-125810_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220623-125810_Gallery.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 12
You have to put the video on youtube or Vimeo or something similar then copy and paste it here.
Hopefully, the niacin will help strengthen her legs. She may always have some trouble but the niacin can really help. Make sure she gets to do water therapy daily too so she can work on strengthing her leg muscles.

I just patched up the pond in the yard it's got a 'kiddie pool' and the 'big bird pool'. I put them in and they jumped out so quick you'd think I dropped them in a boiling pot! They did eventually figure the kiddie pool side out but it's too shallow for swimming. I'll need to get them used to the big bird part of it.

Attachments

• 20220623_150505.jpg
    20220623_150505.jpg
    583.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 20220623_150413.jpg
    20220623_150413.jpg
    551.9 KB · Views: 10

Back
Top Bottom