Baby ducks? :)

Ideal Hatchery is in Texas, they don't have a minimum to their order. Mcmurray Hatchery is in Iowa, they have a minimum to their order and tend to be more expensive. Metzer Farms is in california, they also have a minimum to an order and almost the same prices as Mcurray maybe a bit less. All these hatcheries ship ducklings. Keep checking Craigslist and Ebay Classifieds. Good luck

I ordered 10 ducklings from Metzer to arive May 25. They sent 11 and all were alive and happy. I had talked a friend into getting some so we were able to go together and save on shipping. I have 6 and she has 5, all are still growing and seem to be fine in every way.

Alright. Thanks.
smile.png

I think im gonna order: 2 mallards, 3 welsh harlequins, 1 crested pekin, 1 chocolate runner, 2 black swedish, and 1 buff.
smile.png

Im so excited! I would really prefer to order the sexed ones. So, im hopin I get lucky and dont get too many drakes...haha.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
did you already place your order? you could order the assortments, they tend to be cheaper and you can get them sexed for about the same price as individual breeds as SR

Last edited by a moderator:
my very first order i ordered 2 SR WH and 8 F mixed ducklings. they sent 3 (1 packing peanut) WH, 2 black runners, 2 chocolate runners, 2 blue swedish and 2 buff. all three of the WH turned out male
sad.png

You can order a few a two from Metzers and they can be sexed. i've done a lot of business with them and I've never been disapointed in the quality of the birds or in their customrer service. I think they are very, very good at what they do! True professionals!

Joni

I built a pond a couple weeks ago out of landscaping timbers and a pond liner, and im planning on moving my chickens to another fenced in area. So, I'll have sixteen ducks, I think this fence is big enough. It's 31 ft by like 20 ft. whatcha think?

Back
Top Bottom