Baby ducks? :)

AustinM741

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jun 1, 2011
Goldsboro, NC
Can any of you tell me where I can order baby ducks? Like a really reliable place..i dont want any dead babies.
Thanks.
smile.png

Quote:
From what I know and understand they ship them with care and have good customer service.

The dead ducklings tend to be a problem caused by the post office, so any hatchery can have a problem with shipping. The hatcheries can't control what the post office does and apparently, the post office has no control over what their employees do.

If you are having hot weather, you might want to wait until next spring. Hot temperatures are really hard on shipped babies.

Have you tried looking on Craigslist and in the local feed stores for ducklings that you don't have to have shipped to you?

I've had shipped ducklings from Ideal and from Holderread this year and both shipments arrived in excellent shape. However, it was not hot out and the ducklings did not have to ride enclosed in the back of a metal box truck in the blazing sun.

Keep in mind some hatcheries have a min. amount of ducklings you can order. Best thing to do is google duck hatcheries and research. I've never order ducklings online but research is the best, might even find one close to you.

Back
Top Bottom