Where to get fertilized eggs?

I’m down in Mobile but have a farm right outside of Greenville Al. We’ve owned several different types of ducks but never Muscovys. Right now we have silver appleyard a drake and 5 hens and they have been the most laid back,calm,quietest ducks we’ve ever owned. I have 4 in the brooder right now we hatched from eggs they’re 2 weeks old and unless someone’s hiding their parts I believe they’re all females. The adults I believe came from Meyer hatchery. I order from them a good bit.
Can we see the babies? this is not a breed we see often on here and they are so beautiful and sound like the perfect temperament too.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_3869.jpeg

My little boy he’s 10 he loves ducks. We had a mixed group a while back fenced yard and they were penned up. 2 dogs came while we were away and killed them all, then a mcmurray hatchery book came a week or so later and he went to reading and looking at different types and likes the appleyard, so for his birthday last January I ordered some I can’t remember from there or Meyer though. They’ve been really nice they’re quiet and social. They still live inside at night and go out in a big pen during the day
IMG_3954.jpeg
IMG_3953.jpeg

Last edited:
I love hatching but getting ducklings is a more sure thing. Also, if you get ducklings you can get sexed ducklings. Hatching is the luck of the draw.
Your so right, I broke down and let my Muscovyg have 2 Runner eggs this past June she hatched 2 drakes and I already had 2 so I ordered 4 Little Runner females from Metzers . I am so glad I did, not just add more females but just the joy of raising these little ones and NO more hatching here. This is the 3rd time More drakes than females have hatched.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom